The Monday Morning Momentum Marketing Manual #4.
“Measure twice cut once.”
This basically summarizes my approach to obtaining consistent website growth for the last 4 weeks in a row.
It starts with website evaluation:
- Identify the top ten most popular pages on your website.
- Review the performance statistics to understand WHY these pages are popular.
It continues with greater expectations for new content:
- A new article should only be created only if it will improve website performance.
- Each new article should be created specifically to improve one or more performance metrics.
Is all about accountability.
It’s about shared responsibility as every week god willing I will continue this 5M series that reveals the steps that I take to grow my website.
Your Online Business will begin to thrive once you start using a systematic plan that’s based on strategy and objective statistics.
Blindly writing tons of blog posts or spending hours on social media is a great way to waste a ton of time and end up burned out.
This is why most bloggers quit and also why they claim you can’t make money online and then say it’s all a scam.
Well, it’s not.
That’s one thing I learned from Matt Smith the ‘Online Income Teacher’ the more you put in, the more you get out!!
5M Step #1 – Review Google Analytics Statistics:
When I first started out I used to shy away from looking at my website stats because I had so few visitors.
It was sad.
Now I can’t wait for Monday to get here so that I can see how well everything I planned out has worked.
It’s very exciting even though I don’t have MILLIONS of visitors, YET.
It’s all about consistently moving in the right direction.
I’m not in a rush.
Here are my results from last week:
The 7 metrics above are the most important for understanding website health. (*Notice new Google analytics report style)
I’ll break down the details below, in summary it’s as simple as this:
GREEN = GOOD
RED = BAD
This is the 4th week in a row that I’ve been in the green. Hurrrraaaaaayyyyyyyy!
- Last week I only had 4 metrics of 7 in the GREEN.
- This week I have 5 of 7.
This means I’m still moving in the right direction and that’s a good thing.
5M Step #2 – Take action to grow your audience by focusing on the 7 key metrics:
The good news:
- Visits: 22.70% – After losing visits last week I made it a priority to improve website traffic.
- Unique Visitors: 23.46% – This tells me that I attracted more unique visitors than total visits, a very positive sign.
- Pageviews: 18.55% – This tells me that the traffic that showed up viewed MORE pages than they did last week.
- Avg. Visit Duration: 17.13% – This means the visitors stayed on my site for a much longer duration than last week.
- % New Visits: 0.48% – Nothing against returning visitors but the life blood of your website is NEW visits. This tells me I attracted slightly more new visitors as a percent of total visits.
The bad news:
- Pages / Visit: -3.38% – This tells me that visitors are looking at slightly less pages per visit than they did last week. This trend has to be reversed. Its important that visitors are viewing more pages than they did before, NOT LESS.
- Bounce Rate: 2.67% – This tells me that MORE visitors are BOUNCING than they did last week. This is no good. I have to improve this very important metric. You don’t want visitors to bounce when they come to your website you want them to stick around for a while.
Feb 17, 2013 – Feb 23, 2013:
First full week with new design theme.
Here are the articles I published last week:
- 5M 003: 3rd straight week in the GREEN: Increased Avg. Visit Duration, Pages / Visit, and Bounce Rate.
- What I learned from Matt Smith – Q&A with The Online Income Teacher.
- Is it time to sell Google?
- The Everyday life of the connected consumer [InfoGraphic]
- What the Truck is going on? I need to grow my Search Traffic ASAP!
- How to Make Money Online in 3,500 words.
- Social Media Saturday #SoMeSa – ep. 6 – Mindy McCready
Guest Posts Published:
- No Broadcast messages sent with Aweber.
- No Follow up messages sent.
Feb 10, 2013 – Feb 16, 2013:
*Please review last weeks episode for the activities, statistics, and results.
That’s how I increased my website traffic statistics for the 4th week in a row.
I published 7 articles, the most ever including the longest post I’ve ever written a 3500 word guide on how to make money online.
Next week my biggest priority is to shrink my bounce rate.
I want to turn this trend around and start moving this very important metric in the right direction.
I would love to see the site average bounce rate match the performance of my most popular pages.
I have to learn from these popular pages when I create new content.
Example this 5M series has a lower bounce rate than my site average so if I created more content like this then I would expect my bounce rate to decline.
Problem is there’s only one Monday in the week.
*See how far I’ve come, don’t miss the original episode in the series:
Thanks for reading about how I Increased Visits, Unique Visitors, Pageviews, Avg. Visit Duration, and % New Visits.
This series was created to motivate you do accomplish the same.
Now it’s over to you.
Please share your success stories or failures from last week.
What are your plans to improve your website performance?
Featured Blog Posts Subscribe for Free updates