Grow your audience using a system that works consistently. Ignore the blockheads.
Welcome to The Monday Morning Momentum Marketing Manual #9.
You can also find all of the previous 5M reports here.
“Collaborating is the best way to increase income and skills.”
This quote by Gail Gardner summarizes in one sentence what has taken me several months to figure out.
It also explains exactly HOW I grew my blog for the last 9 weeks straight.
This is why it’s so important to learn from those who really know what they’re talking about.
Trust me, I l know, I’m as hard headed as they come.
It takes sooooooo long to finally figure out a system that works consistently your own.
You’ll save time and avoid the risk of burnout by simply getting a mentor or a group of mentors like I have to learn from AND collaborate with.
“Don’t have time fo dat like Sweet Brown says?”
You can just follow me as I breakdown what I’ve learned from the best bloggers on the internet.
Gail’s 100% right, there’s no doubt about it.
Collaboration made the biggest difference for YourOnline.biz in the first quarter of 2013.
A quarter of many firsts:
- First guest post published ever.
- First guest post stolen.
- First Interview published.
- First Google+ share to get 50+ comments.
- First YouTube video to get 50+ views in one day.
- First time getting kicked out of a Google+ Community. (Is it me or the moderator? VIDEO)
You know how it is.
People follow each other.
That’s just part of our nature.
Do you eat at a restaurant you’re not familiar with if there’s no cars in the parking lot?
Do you go to a nightclub if there’s NO ONE in line?
5M Step #1 – Grow your audience by reviewing Google Analytics performance:
In order to grow your audience consistently you need to know what’s going on with the visitors you currently have.
Most bloggers make a big mistake by ignoring what their current readers are trying to tell them as they pursue new company.
Its like a quote I noticed recently.
Don’t spend so much time counting STARS that you forget about the MOON.
Here’s my results for last week:
To grow your audience consistently for several weeks you have to understand the 7 metrics above and take action.
They are the most important for website health.
GREEN = GOOD
RED = BAD
The goal is to have all 7 metrics in the green which I have only done ONCE since I started the 5M series but this week I’m happy to see 6 out of 7 in the GREEN.
5M Step #2 – Take action to grow your audience by focusing on the 7 key metrics:
The good news:
- Visits: UP 9% – This tell me that more visitors are checking out the site after a huge increase last week of 32.34%. It will be very difficult to duplicate this again next week.
- Unique Visitors: UP 12.78% – This me that even more unique visitors showed up even after a huge spike last week of 31.68%. Awesome.
- Pageviews: UP 27.88% – This tell me that the new and returning visitors viewed substantially more pages than last week where pageviews were also up a dramatic 24.40%. All I can say is WOW.
- Pages / Visit: UP 17.32% – This means that visitors checked out many more pages per visit than last week where this metric was actually DOWN -6.00%. An outstanding recovery.
- Avg. Visit Duration: UP 132.87% – This huge huge rebound tells me that visitors were much more engaged with my content than last week where this stat was DOWN 48.66% This is an amazing recovery and it will be very difficult to continue at this pace.
- Bounce Rate: DOWN 9.09% – This means substantially fewer visitors have bounced this week as compared to last week where bounce rate has actually increased by 2.45%.
The bad news:
- % New Visits: DOWN 1.37% – This is a indicator that the percent of visitors who are coming to the blog for the first time is slightly down but increasing. This was down 5.04% last week. Only down a little this week means I’m moving in the right direction.
Mar 24, 2013-Mar 30, 2013:
Here are my content marketing activities for last week:
- Grow your audience for EIGHT weeks straight. [5M 008]
- #IBCT Regional Finals who’s going to the Final Four?
- What I learned from the Elite Eight bloggers of the #IBCT
- Is Google Blogger Blocking? Why your keyword is (not provided)
- 35 reasons why I’m paying $100 for guest posts
- Social Media Saturday #SoMeSa – ep. 10 – Happy Easter
Guest Posts Published:
- Google+: I shared each post on Google plus on the main page and select communities.
- Twitter: 5-8 shares per day. No #Hashtag Hijacking this week I retweeted people and made some comments.
- Facebook: 1 share per article published.
- I also shared posts to related FB pages for the first time. I shared the article on the elite 8 Bloggers to the corresponding FB pages.
- StumbleUpon: I shared each article above.
Mar 17, 2013-Mar 23, 2013:
How Grow your audience for NINE weeks straight.
#1 – Get a plan and work the plan.
The 5M reports reveal the activities that I have taken to grow my blog for the last 9 weeks.
However, this isn’t the half. The truth is I’m using a plan that I developed last year.
The cure for that overwhelmed feeling you get from blogging and not being happy with the results is a PLAN.
Subscribe now and get a copy of Your Online Business Plan it’s awesome premium training with videos, guides, and resources and it’s free.
#2 – Accept that complacency is the reason why you will fail.
Knowing WHY you won’t fail is as important as knowing why you will succeed.
Doing nothing will bring you NOTHING.
I notice so many blogs with their latest post dated in February. BIG MISTAKE.
#3 – Focus on your audience no matter how small.
The most important thing you can do is something that your audience will appreciate.
If you don’t know that they exist and you’re not working to satisfy them with new content then you’re losing big time AND you’ll be the last one to know about it.
I believe the reason why my blog is growing is because my audience knows that I’m writing FOR THEM.
It’s not just about me, I appreciate every single visitor. I work for YOU. I was SELF-employed I’m now YOU-employed.
I know the techniques that I recommend will work to improve your blog rather you have 300 visitors a week or 3000 which is a short term goal that I have set for YourOnline.biz.
It’s all about the fundamentals, this is what helped me grow from spotty inconsistent growth in January to reliable week-to-week improvement since I started publishing 5M reports in February.
Thanks for reading I look forward to answering any questions you may have.
Featured Blog Posts Subscribe for Free updates