In order to get what you want from your website you must first understand what your website needs.
I was inspired to create this diagram after reading Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. His concept of the needs of people is comparable to the needs of a website.
1. Hosting. The corner stone of a website is reliable website hosting, design, and content. If a website is not available when people visit they will not return. The website must be built to load quickly, have an intuitive logical layout and feature great content. Add a great looking design and you have the foundation of a successful website.
2. Security. It is important to have protection for your Domain and website from security attacks or unauthorized activity. I have read the reports where someone has hacked into a companies website and modified or deleted their content. You need security for your domain name registration and measures to keep hackers out of your website.
3. Targeted Traffic. Subscirbers, followers, and regular unique visitors will drive your success online. This is the step that seperates successful websites from all the others. Very few websites are able to accomplish this step. It is absolutely critical to obtain a consistent stream of quality target visitors to your website.
4. First page results on search engines. This is critical to your overall search engine marketing strategy. The #1 source of traffic online is currently coming from search engines if you are not found on the first page of the results the chances are you will not get found.
5. Reputation. The reason people switched over to using google as the primary search engine was the reputation they built for having accurate results. There is no substitution for this. You must be the best at what your doing inorder to win. When you provide quality and add value people will spread the word and you will be known by your merits.
Featured Blog Posts Subscribe for Free updates