2012 The four hundred thousand visitor summer.
At least that’s what I’ll call it from now on.
This “make money online marketing blogging” thing is a journey. It really is. I am sharing the details of mine with you for a couple reasons:
- Motivate you to give it a try. Remember life IS risky and you even being here is proof of that. Stop thinking about your dreams and do something to make them come true. I figure if I show you enough times what I have been able to accomplish then you’ll eventually realize it’s possible for you, too.
- To document what I have accomplished. Sometimes I get caught up and forget everything I’ve done. Honestly, I manage several blogs and I do tons of stuff for clients so its important for me to post my results somewhere. I also use this blog myself as my own personal place holder for the good stuff that I need. This is what I use to build new websites, I just post it publicly so you can use it too. Don’t forget to give me a shout out if these tips helped you.
*Subscribe Now to reserve a FREE copy of Your Online Business Plan. Get the full scoop honestly I’m just going to tease you on this post with a couple tips to keep you interested. You have to be committed to your success online, I’m committed to helping you learn what I know works for me. What’s up with you?
Before I tell you what I did to generate so much traffic let me confirm what I DID NOT DO. To generate over 400k visitors I did not:
- Guest post. You will not find any posts from me on anyone’s blog.
- Use the Unique Article Wizard. Read this article to understand why I canned this product.
- Buy Advertisement. I did not purchase a website banner or a radio or television ad or a newspaper ad, etc.
How I generated over 400,000 visitors to my BRAND NEW Niche website:
- Set up and built the website. The longer you wait to do this the longer it will be until you get 400k visitors. I purchased the domain name for my niche web site TruckLicense.net in February 2012. After only a few months I was receiving over 3000 visitors per month. This was before the marketing promotion hit during the summer. >>>> CHECK OUT THE FREE WEBSITE WORKSHOP
- Posted new original content like mad man mike. This is why it is so important to choose a good niche for your website. You will need to create lots of content and if it is difficult for you to do this then you probably won’t do it. I know it might seem like I’m just an IT guy or whatever but I also taught myself how to drive a SEMI truck so why not share what I learned with others? This was my mind set as I wrote article after the next like a blog post robot or something. I’ts what I did after I posted articles that I think made the biggest difference.
- Publish a Free book and an eBook. You have to provide value in order to attract people. This was my goal. I created a free eBook to provide some great tips for drivers and I published a premium eBook on clickbank. I didn’t take into consideration how many other people really use Clickbank. Maybe a week after I set up my product I got an email from a clickbank user who setup his own blog to sell my eBook as an affiliate. This was very exciting and encouraging for me and very telling of the additional benefits of publishing a book with clickbank.
- Launched a marketing Campaign. I did not pay money for clicks nor did I try some hacker bull crap scheme. I also did not purchase a pay per click campaign from anyone. All the traffic I got over the summer of 2012 was completely a consequence of the marketing techniques that I discuss in… you got it Your Online Business Plan. There really are too many individual tasks to list here but understand I did basically ALL of them. Some weekly, some daily some multiple times per day. Here’s a couple things I did you may not expect:
- Created an email list. Started sending out updates to my blog readers in an email list. And I put a subscribe here banner on my website.
- Word of mouth. I actually went to spots where truck drivers hang out an posted flyers for my website I also asked friends I knew to do the same.
- Get serious on Social Media. I set up a YouTube channel for my niche website and started networking with people consistently. I promoted my videos in my blog posts and on social media. I didn’t just retweet and say bland senseless comments I tried to stay connected to what was happening and add value. Check out the video I posted about America on the 4th of July.
- Leverage Images. I haven’t even set up an instagram account yet so who knows what benefits I’ll get when I start using that system. I also barely use pinterest so the traffic didn’t come from there. I just tried to include great truck images with all my content. This catches peoples eye and sparks conversation.
YOBP or Your Online Business Plan will be finalized shortly it is 5 sections of over 8200 words of text and 10+ videos with diagrams resource documents and more goodies. It really is high quality training worth well over $500. I’m giving it away for free but you have to subscribe and wait a few days for me to publish it. In the meanwhile let me know what questions you have and I’ll answer them immediately. For now, you can get started with the free website workshop as it is completely finished and ready to help you do your thing online. There are tons of tips included in the workshop as the YOBP is intended for intermediate to advanced bloggers. You should start there once your site is built.
YOBP may not be done yet but I won’t wait on me to answer your questions. Hit me with your best shot, let me know what you are struggling with online and I’ll respond instantly. I can help you and I will what about you?
Featured Blog Posts Subscribe for Free updates