The Monday Morning Momentum Marketing Manual #5.
That’s what’ it’s all about.
That’s what it takes to grow your blog or website for 5 weeks straight.
Most people don’t understand what commitment means.
That’s one thing I learned from Annabel Candy a pro blogger from Australia.
YOU HAVE TO COMMIT if you want results.
But what does commitment mean?
Have you ever heard the story of bacon and eggs?
The PIG’s committed, the CHICKEN’s involved, there’s a huge difference.
..or 5M is about commitment.
It’s about growing your online business one week at a time.
You’ll never get to the top of the stair case until you start to focus on each individual step first.
This is how people trip they get in a rush and forget to pay attention to the small stuff.
5M Step #1 – Review Google Analytics Statistics:
The good and bad thing about internet marketing is the simple fact that it’s just a numbers game.
The trick is figuring out which activities generate the good numbers and which activities generate the bad.
Here’s my results from last week:
The 7 metrics above are the most important for website health.
GREEN = GOOD
RED = BAD
For the 5th week in a row I was able to grow my blog.
I had more visits and more % new visits which is good.
Increased Unique Visitors means I’m attracting new, fresh faces.
However, waay too much red in my report this week.
4 of the 7 metrics above are RED which is not the color I want.
5M Step #2 – Take action to grow your audience by focusing on the 7 key metrics:
The good news:
- Visits: up 6.61% – This is the #1 indication that more people are checking out the site. 6% is solid weekly growth.
- Unique Visitors: up 10.50% - This is an excellent sign that unique visitors are increasing at almost double the rate of returning visitors.
- % New Visits: up 4.75% - This is another excellent sign that more NEW people are checking out the site.
The bad news:
- Pages / Visit: down -9.18% – This means visitors viewed less pages per visit last week. This has to be corrected ASAP.
- Bounce Rate: down 2.60% – This metric is improving slightly from last week. Moving in the right direction.
Pageviews: down -3.18% – The total number of pageviews is Down slightly after being up over 18% last week.
Avg. Visit Duration: down 13.69% - This means visitors stayed around for less time this week than last when this metric was up over 17%.
Feb 24, 2013-Mar 2, 2013:
Here are my activities from last week.
- 5M 004: 4th straight week in the GREEN: How to improve website traffic statistics.
- What I learned from Annabel Candy – Q&A with the founder of SuccessfulBlogging.com
- How to use Content Marketing to choose a Primary Keyword for your website.
- Google Adwords Terms of Service has changed.
- Social Media Saturday #SoMeSa – ep. 7 – nil erkoçlar
Guest Posts Published:
- Google+: Notice I used a different approach on Google+ this past week don’t miss SoMeSa.
- Twitter: 5-8 shares per day. Shared articles using the #Hashtag Hijacking technique.
- Facebook: 1 share per article publish.
- StumbleUpon: shared each article above.
- No Broadcast messages sent with Aweber.
- No Follow up messages sent.
Feb 17, 2013 – Feb 23, 2013:
*Please review last weeks episode for the activities, statistics, and results.
That’s how I Increased Unique Visitors, Visits, and % New Visits for the 5th week in a row.
Last week I published 7 articles, this week I only published 5.
I plan to publish at least 7 articles this week and we’ll see what impact this has on my stats next Monday so stay tuned.
I also modified my promotion approach on Google+.
I’m not #HashTagHiJacking as much any more I’m going to focus on building relationships for a while and see what difference it makes in my referral traffic.
Yes, I’ll still share new articles but I won’t focus on promoting them so hard on the trending topics, I’ll take a different approach.
I also plan to publish some guest posts and I’ll be testing out some new tips on stumbleupon.
I have a big interview scheduled for tomorrow and more big names coming soon. I’m very excited about the interview series don’t miss the latest episode.
PLUS IT’S TIME FOR THE #IBCT – What’s your favorite blog?
Now it’s over to you.
That’s it for this episode of 5M.
What did you learn from last week after reviewing your statistics?
Is your blog growing or shrinking?
Featured Blog Posts Subscribe for Free updates