This week I’m pleased to feature Penelope Trunk the founder of PenelopeTrunk.com
Don’t miss the last episode, What I learned from Raju PP the founder of TechPP.com
Here are some stats about her main blog:
Domain Registered – NOV 2001
Alexa Traffic Rank – 41,698
Twitter Followers – 133,965
Google+ Circles – 5,935
Penelope Trunk is the most famous and successful entrepreneur that I’ve had the pleasure of interviewing in this on going series.
When I spoke to her last week I found out she might also be the most down to earth as well.
Talking with her was like catching up on old times with an ex co-worker if you know what I mean?
I have long been inspired by her work but what impresses me the most with Penelope is her IDEAS.
She thinks BIG, in fact I even wrote about one of her ideas in a ShoeMoney guest post a few months back.
This is why I had to share her story with you.
I want you to be successful.
As they say seeing is believing so if you think you have what it takes to find success as an entrepreneur you should take a long hard look at what Penelope has been doing for the last decade or so.
She did launch BrazenCareerist.com, math.com, eCitydeals AND she has a BRAND NEW TOP SECRET start-up coming soon that I cannot reveal to you at this time for a very good reason…
SHE WOULDN’T TELL ME!
What I learned from Penelope Trunk the founder of PenelopeTrunk.com:
#1 – Stop making excuses
- You are what you do.
#2 – You must NEED IT.
- When it comes to finding success as a business owner wanting it is not enough. You’re not really motivated you just think you are. Because it’s your DREAM is NOT a good enough reason.
- People have never and will never be more innovative than when they are faced with seemingly insurmountable odds and obstacles and they absolutely NEED IT.
#3 – Speak for yourself.
- Use YOUR words. Don’t say what you think others want to hear or expect you to say tell your story your way.
- After time people will get over how you come off when they realize the meaning in your comments. Content > Perception.
#4 – Go old school.
- Take the long way to the top. Focus on building a solid foundation one step at at time. No Lance Armstrong Alex Rodriguez needed.
- Know where you are going before you leave. That way you’ll know you’re there when you arrive.
#5 – Don’t take no Sh1t!
- Ha haaaaaaaaaaaa! That’s why I say I got called out by Penelope Trunk. The good news is at least now I can say I have something in common with Tim Ferris . #JustHavingFun
- In all seriousness it is extremely important as an entrepreneur or a career minded person that you are able to tell when someone is BSing you. It is your responsibility to call it like it is in REALITY not like you want it or hope for it to be. Remember, you don’t have a right to make money.
I want to thank Penelope Trunk for taking the time to do this interview.
I know you could have spent this time speaking to a publicist about your brand new start up but instead you shared knowledge and I really appreciate it, THANK YOU.
That’s it for this episode.
Don’t miss the first interview in the what I learned series featuring Steve Scott – The Six-Figure Affiliate Blogger.
You can also browse all of the latest interviews here.
Featured Blog Posts Subscribe for Free updates