Here’s some quick stats about Traffic Generation Café:
- PageRank: 4
- Alexa traffic rank: 12,786
- Twitter followers @AnaTrafficCafe: 2747
- Facebook page likes: 3,661
- Google+ users have her in circles: 2,393 + 10,084
- If you follow her blog and read more about her history you’ll probably agree that her story of leaving communist Russia to come to the US is just as interesting as any one of her blog posts.
- You also may be surprised to find what motivates her most of all is her faith and family.
Enough of me lets get into my Q&A with the founder of Traffic Generation Café Ana Hoffman:
Darnell: This summer will mark the three year anniversary of TrafficGenerationCafe. How do you feel about where your blog is today versus what you expected back in 2010?
Ana:When I started TGC, I had no idea where I was going with it or how it was going to turn out.I was told to blog, so I blogged.I was simply amazing to see the readers pouring in and reacting to what I had to say. Made me want to work that harder to deliver the best information I could.As a result, Traffic Generation Café turned from a hobby into a business, growing and thriving in spite of me. lol
Darnell: Finish this sentence. The internet is my __________________.
Ana:The internet is my way to relax. I blog to relax, to have fun, to get away.
Darnell: Your blog is ranked by Alexa as one of the the top 13,000 websites out of 640 million plus.
Which best describes how you reached this amazing accomplishment?:
A) I did 13,000 different things.
B) I did 13 things thousands of times.
Ana:Rhetorical question in some ways, but the truth is a bit of both.In the earlier days, it was more of the former. Lots of running around in different directions.Wisdom comes with age and blogging wisdom is not different.With time I learned which 20% of things I do yield 80% of the results. Now I am learning how to actually stick with those 20%.
Darnell: Fill in the blanks.
The number one thing I hate about being a “popular” blogger is: ________________
The number one thing I love is:________________
Ana:The number one thing I hate about being a “popular” blogger is the fact that spotlight comes with criticism.There is always someone who knows better how you should run things, or what to write about, or what color your sidebar should be.Those people only multiply with popularity of a blog.The number one thing I love is value.We all need to feel that we matter, that we provide value and are valued in return.Blogging does the trick for me..
Here’s what I learned from Ana Hoffman the founder of Traffic Generation Café:
- You are somebody. Even though people don’t know who you are or what you have to offer YET you are somebody important, that’s the good news. The bad news is ONLY YOU can discover this and share it with others.
- Have faith. Understand that you never ever have been a nobody and you never will be. Even though no one reads your blog, yet. Your potential is simply a result of your faith. Just like attitude affects your altitude what you believe affects what you receive. Understand the fact that doubting yourself will surely get you nowhere only faith put to action will change things for you.
- Be humble. Review your actions and keep a track of what’s working until you put together a system that works consistently. Remember what Ana said, you’ll get 80% of the results from 20% of the activities. Work smart not hard.
Thanks for taking the time to do the interview Ana I really appreciate it.
*Don’t miss the next Interview:
Featured Blog Posts Subscribe for Free updates